Travis is generally mature and smart. He always has a quick-witted comment to give. He's very caring to others, and is very headstrong and hardworking. He's both very busy and very helpful. Sometimes Travis can be sort of insecure, such as when he thinks he can't plow the field without Farmer Pickles' supervision in Travis Gets Lucky.
Travis acts as almost a caretaker to Spud. Travis would hide on occasion usually for no reason maybe to supervise Spud without him noticing. The original intro has Travis and Spud gleefully dancing in the field with Pilchard and Bird but in the Project Build It intro. Travis wasn't with Spud but was hiding behind some sunflowers while unknowingly watching Spud leave with Scrambler. He deeply cares for Spud and gives him advice as well as almost taking care of him.
Travis is a turquoise farm tractor with pointed eyes for headlights, a red grilled mouth and a red exhaust pipe.
- Travis is the second most mature machine with Scoop being the first most mature. But Travis seems to be more mature than Scoop.
- Travis is one of the few machines to have a human name.
- In the US dub of Ready, Steady, Build!, Travis' voice became much less stuffy-sounding most likely due to the departure of Alan Marriott.
- He appeared less often in later seasons of the Original Series. He has a major role in Seasons 1 to 5, but from Seasons 6 to 9, it looks like Skip and Trix had taken his spotlight during late 2001 to early 2003. From Seasons 10 to 16, he gains his spotlight back as Skip and Trix no longer appear in the series. The same thing will happen again when Scratch is introduced in Ready, Steady, Build!.
- He only spoke in five episodes from Ready, Steady, Build! as that series gave him the least amount of screen time most likely due to the introduction of Scratch.
- Travis is the only machine character from the Original Series who never met J.J., Molly, Skip or Trix on screen. Although, he entered their yard in Spud's Statue (Season 9), so he could have met them off screen.
- In the Finnish version, Travis is called "Tatu". which is also Robert's name in the same dub.
- In the Danish version, Travis is called "Thomas".
- Travis did not appear in any Ready, Steady, Build! episodes which aired in 2012 for the UK.