Spud's Statue is the fourth episode of the ninth season.
In J.J.'s yard, Bob is picking up supplies with Scoop and Muck. Bob explains that the mayor has asked them to build a new pavilion for the annual flower show. J.J. says that the mayor has asked Molly to make a special statue for the park entrance, and they all see Molly working on the statue of a horse.
Spud arrives with Travis and Bob asks him to load the statue on Travis' trailer. Spud thinks the statue is a real horse, but Molly explains that it's just a statue. They all leave to the park.
Bob, Wendy, Spud, Travis, Lofty, Scoop, and Muck are in the park and Lofty is unloading the statue from Travis' trailer. Bob and Wendy assemble a red curtain around the statue in preparation for it's unveiling.
The gang leave to put up the pavilion and Travis returns home, but Spud remains to guard the statue. Spud unveils the statue and begins to ride the horse and suddenly the statue breaks.
Bob, Wendy, Lofty, Muck, and Scoop are building the pavilion and Spud finds them and takes some tools and materials without Bob and Wendy noticing in an attempt to fix the statue.
- Mr. Bernard Bentley
- Squawk/His Friend (not named)
- Mr. Beasley (cameo)
- Mr. Ellis (cameo)
- Jenny (cameo)
- Mrs. Potts (cameo)
- Pam Goody (cameo)
- Hedgehogs (cameo)
- Rooster (cameo)
- J.J.'s Yard
- The Park
- The Bandstand
- This episode marks the first and only time Travis enters J.J.'s yard.
- Skip was oddly not seen in J.J.'s yard, nor was not mentioned of being away.
- This was the seventh episode where Bob's Yard does not appear in the Original Series due to the episode mostly being set at the park.
- Molly's latest speaking role.
- This episode was paired with Lofty the Artist (Season 9) when it premiered in the US on PBS.
In Other Languages
|German||Knolle und die Statue||Spud and the Statue|