The fifth season premiered in the UK between January 6th to March 31, 2001 on BBC. In the US, the fifth season premiered between April 3rd to June 26th, 2002 on Nick Jr. and was also later re-shown on Noggin, PBS and PBS Kids Sprout.
| || Episode|
US title (bottom)
|"Scruffty's Big Dig"|
|Bob, Wendy and the Machines are going to Mrs. Broadbent's House who had a big hole in the wall but, Scruffty gets stuck in the rabbit hole, that Lofty needs your help to get out of the rabbit hole.
|Mr. Bentley inspects a pipe, he gets soaked. Spud tries to take over, but he has no qualifications.
|Farmer Pickles' hen has abandoned her eggs, so Bob is building a hen coop. Spud decides to look after the chicks.
|"Wendy's Surprise Party"|
|Wendy is inviting the whole town for a barbecue party for her sister, Jenny. But the machines have just laid a garden path and they are too tired to come.
|Using an old ironing board, Spud makes a skateboard and rides it all over town. Spud Bob has just put up some traffic calming measures. When Spud comes across Bob, Dizzy, Roley and Scoop, he crashes into the dumpster. His skateboard was finally lost and broken.
|Muck and Dizzy are clearing a blocked drain. Muck gets spooked by gurgling noises and is convinced it is a monster.
|"Spud the Dragon"|
|Mrs. Percival is preparing costumes for the school play. Spud borrows the dragon costume and pretends to be a magic dragon when he sees Muck.
|"Pilchard Steals the Show"|
|Scoop notices that Farmer Pickles has entered Scruffty into the dog show, which determines him to also enter Pilchard, even though she is a cat.
|Bob's gang are making a bird hide at the nature reserve and also want to get a glimpse of the rare Grebe Warbler. But Spud appears instead dressed like a bird.
|Auntie Dora is coming to visit and she is a stickler for tidiness. Already the yard is in a complete mess and the machines try to clean it up, but they only make it worse.
|"Bob and the Big Freeze"|
|Scoop and Wendy try to clear the roads, but they bumped into the porcupine crossing. Spud tries to skate on the frozen duck pond, but the ice is not thick enough. Dizzy sends Bob and Lofty out to rescue him.
|Roley almost crushes Bob's toolbox. This causes anxiety from him to think he is always clumsy. This always makes him more accident-prone.
"Bob of the North"
|It is winter in the town. Bob wears a big parka to look like an Alaskan Eskimo. Wendy's sister, Jenny, visits after a ski trip.|
| || Special|
US title (bottom)
|"A Christmas To Remember"|
|Bob and his friends have their work cut out to prepare for the town's annual Christmas concert and Bob's twin brother Tom is coming for christmas. But when Tom misses his ferry it's up to Wendy to save the day.|
- Farmer Pickles
- Mrs. Potts
- Mrs. Broadbent
- Mrs. Percival
- Mr. Bernard Bentley
- Mr. Dixon
- Mr. Fothergill
- Lennie Lazenby
- Mr. Ellis
- Mr. Beasley
- Jenny (Wendy's Surprise Party) (In physical appearance)
- Hamish (Clumsy Roley)
- Bunty Ferguson (A Christmas To Remember) (In physical appearance)
- Tom (A Christmas To Remember)
- Pogo (A Christmas To Remember)
- Scoot (A Christmas To Remember)
- Angelo Sabatini (A Christmas To Remember)
- This was the first season to feature Jenny and Bunty Ferguson in physical appearance as before they were only mentioned.
- This was the first season to reveal Mr. Fothergill's surname as before he was just known as the computer repair man when he originally appeared in Bob's Day Off from Season 3.
- Some episodes were released on home video in 2001 before premiering on public television in 2002 for the US version.
- This season marks the first appearances of Hamish, Tom, Scoot, Pogo and Angelo Sabitini
|Project: Build It|