The first season premiered in the UK between November 28, 1998 to February 21, 1999 on BBC and was re-shown on CBeebies. In the US, the first season premiered between January 15 to February 5, 2001 on Nick Jr and was re-shown on Noggin, PBS and Sprout.
US title (bottom)
|"Scoop Saves the Day"|
|A dangerous thunderstorm causes havoc - roads are blocked, trees and telegraph lines are down, pipes are broken, fences are destroyed... can Bob and his team of machines repair the damage that the storm left behind?
|"Bob Saves the Hedgehogs"|
"Bob Saves the Porcupines"
|The friendly worskman and his gang help the hedgehogs/porcupines to get across a busy road.
|"Pilchard In A Pickle"|
|While Bob and the machines are laying pipes in a field, Wendy becomes worried when Pilchard the cat cannot be found.
|"Muck Gets Stuck"|
|The lights go out during the little town tunnel repair project, leaving Muck stuck inside when she gets scared of the dark.
|"Wendy's Busy Day"|
|Bob and the machines have a major job of resurfacing the main road that must be done today. But poor Bob has a very bad cold, so Wendy offers to take over the job.
|Bob makes himself a bugle out of some left-over bits of piping. None of the machines has the heart to tell him how awful it sounds, so they try hiding it.
|Bob's gang have built a dance floor for a line-dancing contest, but Mavis sprains her ankle leading Bob to have to find another one before time runs out.
|"Travis Paints The Town"|
|Bob is called away from a job, leaving Roley alone with a paint machine and giving Spud the opportunity to get up to mischief.
|"Travis and Scoop's Race Day"|
|Spud persuades Scoop and Travis to have a race to see who's the fastest. Travis fears he won't beat Scoop but Spud has a plan. As they race Spud obstructs Scoop's path, but Scoop manages to win.
|It's Bob's birthday but everyone pretends they've forgotten as they're throwing him a surprise party. Bob goes off to mend the stable wall, while Wendy makes a cake. Dizzy and Muck make one too - a concrete one! Even greedy Spud helps. When Bob returns, he's delighted with his birthday surprise - and two cakes!
|Bob is building a shed for Travis but is stranded when naughty Spud takes the ladder to go apple picking. Bob tries unsuccessfully to get help until Wendy brings Lofty the crane to rescue him. Spud appears with tummy ache - too many apples!
|Spud is worried that he may no longer be scary, and to make matters worse, he loses his nose.
|The team needs to finish constructing Farmer Pickles' barn and get the bales into it before the rain hits.|
- Bob (Scoop Saves the Day)
- Wendy (Scoop Saves the Day)
- Scoop (Scoop Saves the Day)
- Muck (Scoop Saves the Day)
- Dizzy (Scoop Saves the Day)
- Roley (Scoop Saves the Day)
- Lofty (Scoop Saves the Day)
- Pilchard (Scoop Saves the Day)
- Bird (Scoop Saves the Day)
- Travis (Bob Saves the Hedgehogs)
- Spud (Bob Saves the Hedgehogs)
- Farmer Pickles (Buffalo Bob)
- Mrs. Potts (Buffalo Bob)
- Bunty Ferguson (mentioned)
- Mavis (Buffalo Bob) (mentioned)
- Marjorie (Buffalo Bob) (mentioned)
- This season marks the first appearances of Bob, Wendy, Scoop, Muck, Dizzy, Roley, Lofty, Pilchard, Bird, Travis, Spud, Farmer Pickles and Mrs. Potts.
- This season was the only Season Wendy Worked as a Full Time Secretary
- This was the first season to use the Seasons 1-3 intro for the UK version.
|Project: Build It|
|Ready, Steady, Build!|