|Race to the Finish|
|Series 16, Episode 0|
|Air Date||November 3rd, 2008 (UK), January 9th, 2009 (US)|
|Previous||Zoomer's Snowy Adventure|
Race to the Finish (released in the US as Race to the Finish: The Movie) is the 2008 Bob the Builder Special. It was the last special in the series produced in stop-motion and to be animated by HOT Animation..
"When Sunflower Valley needs a new sports stadium, there's only one team for the job. It's Bob the Builder™ and his Can-Do Crew! Can Bob build it? With the help of his new friends, Gripper and Grabber - Yes he can! Join Bob, Wendy, and the Can-Do Crew as they race to the finish line in their biggest construction job yet. See how teamwork and fun go hand-in-hand in this colossal building adventure."
- This marked the first appearance of Gripper and Grabber.
- The possibility of an arena/sports stadium was foreshadowed in Go, Mr. Bentley, Go.
- This used the most Unnamed Machines in the whole stop-motion series.
- This is longest time Bob and his team stayed up long enough even when it's dark for the games to be held. They didn't even look tired by the end.
- This special takes place between the fifteenth and sixteenth season.
- This special features Gripper, Grabber, Bob, Wendy, Scoop And Lofty as the main characters.
- According to Wendy the Bobland Bay Sports stadium is indeed the biggest structure they ever built which is true as it took the whole team 3 days to build.
- This Special is based off the Olympics. Thomas and Friends would eventually adopt this idea in a special in 2016 called The Great Race.