Lofty to the Rescue is the sixth episode of the second season.
Lofty is afraid of going over the bridge because of his fear of heights, but when Spud (who Lofty is afraid of) falls off the bridge and into a tree while playing with Scoop and Muck, Lofty has to overcome his fears and rescue him.
United Kingdom & Australia
- Neil Morrissey as Bob & Lofty
- Rob Rackstraw as Scoop, Muck, Roley & Spud
- Kate Harbour as Wendy, Dizzy & Pilchard
- William Dufris as Bob
- Lorelei King as Wendy
- Alan Marriott as Scoop & Spud
- Maria Darling as Dizzy & Roley
- Lachele Carl as Muck
- Sonya Leite as Lofty & Pilchard
- Timo Tuominen as Bob and Roley
- Antti Pääkkönen as Scoop and Lofty
- Jukka Rasila as Muck and Spud
- Rinna Paatso as Wendy and Dizzy
- Wendy wears her usual outfit instead of her orange dress, it's a pair of blue pants.
- Lofty cries for the first time.
- Lofty is revealed to be afraid of heights, mice, and Spud.
- This is the first appearance of Lofty's grabber.
- This episode will be the last time Wendy wears her green, yellow and white suit jacket.
- This episode was paired with Runaway Roley (Season 2) when it first premiered in the US.
- This episode was the first time Bob had a ride on Roley.
- This episode was the last time Wendy worked as a full-time secretary before she became a full-time builder.
- This episode was the first ever Lofty dedicated episode.
- Bob: (After Spud had caught Lofty's hook) Well done, Spud. (to Lofty) Okay, Lofty. (Lofty, with his eyes shut, moves Spud off the branch and safely onto the bridge)
- Lofty: (with his eyes closed) Did, did I do it?
- Bob: (chuckles off screen) Of course you did, Lofty. You can open your eyes now. (Lofty slowly opens his eyes.)
- Spud: (Singing) Lofty's scared of heights! Scaredy cat, scaredy cat!
- Scoop: Hey Spud! You leave Lofty alone.
- Scoop: Nice one Lofty Nice one (UK Dub)
- Scoop: Good going Lofty Good going (USA Dub)
- On description of this episode on Netflix for The Best of Bob DVD says Dizzy the Cement Mixer swallowing her fears instead of Lofty.
- When Lofty was going back to the yard because of Spud hurting his feelings, he has his grabber attached, but when he pulls into the yard he has his hook for the rest of the episode.
- In the US dub when Lofty says Wow he seemed to look sad.
In Other Languages
|Polish||Dźwig Śpieszy na Ratunek||Lofty Hurries to the Rescue|
|Hungarian||Colos a megmentő||Lofty the Saviour|
|Greek||Ο Ρούλης σώζει τον Φοβέρα||Lofty Saves Spud|
|French||Coccigrue à la rescousse!||Lofty to the Rescue!|
|Russian||Лофти спешит на помощь||Lofty Hurries to the Rescue|
|German||Heppo, der Retter||Lofty, the savior|
|Dutch||Liftie schiet te hulp||Lofty Comes to the Rescue|
|Czech||Lůďa zachráncem||Lofty the Savior|
|Portuguese||O Alturas Salva a Situação||Lofty Saves Spud|
|Finnish||Nosse Pelastajana||Lofty to the Rescue|